Getting your child to Academy really matters however we appreciate that there are occasions when your child may not be able to attend to school due to unexpected illness. For those occasions we would ask that you follow the Academy policy on reporting an absence, highlights of which are provided below for your convenience,
If your child is absent you must:
- contact the Academy as soon as possible on the first day of absence;
- Send a note in on the first day your child returns, with an explanation of the absence – you must do this even if you have already telephoned us;
- Or, you can call into school and report to reception, who will arrange for a member of staff to speak with you.
If your child is absent we will:
- telephone you on the first day of absence if we have not heard from you;
- invite you in to discuss the situation with us;
- refer the matter to the Peterborough City Council Attendance Service if the attendance falls below 95%. Peterborough City Council may consider issuing a Penalty Notice for Non School Attendance.
If your child has an appointment during the Academy day you must:
- Inform your child of their appointment and what time you will collect them from school;
- Inform the Head of House of the appointment either by phone or e-mail;
- Your child should remove themselves from class and sign out at the relevant House admin area;
- The House Administrator will give your child a sign out card;
- Your child must hand in the sign out card at reception to gain authority to leave the Academy.
Did you know...
If your child’s attendance during the school year is...
your child would have lost approximately:
Or they would have missed approximately:
If in a school year your child is late everyday ...
your child would have lost approximately ...
or they would have mixed approximately...
3.5 days from school
7 days from school
10 days from school
14.5 days from school
22 days from school
You should not take your child on holiday during term time.
Absence = Lost Opportunity