Free School Meal Entitlement
If you believe that you meet one of the following criteria, please follow this link to the Norfolk County Council site (our service provider): https://fiso.norfolk.gov.uk/Synergy/Enquiries/Citizen/FreeSchoolMeals.aspx for an online application or complete the application form below and return by email to: email@example.com or post to: Free School Meals, Norfolk County Council, Floor 8, County Hall, Norwich, NR1 2DL:
· Income Support.
· Income Based Job Seekers Allowance.
· Income-related Employment and Support Allowance.
· Child Tax Credit - but no element of Working Tax Credit - and have an annual income (as assessed by HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC)) that does not exceed £16,190.
· If you are supported under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999.
· Guarantee element of State Pension Credit.
· Working Tax Credit during the four week period immediately after your employment finishes or after you start to work less hours per week.
· Universal Credit with an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400 (as from 1 April 2018).
If you have previously applied or been eligible for free school meals, you need not re-apply, as we will continue to re-check your entitlement each month and will notify you should you become re-eligible.
Summer Holiday Free School Meal Vouchers
We are pleased to confirm that Peterborough City Council (PCC) will be issuing vouchers during the summer holidays to students in receipt of free school meals. Due to a reduction in funding, PCC have had to revise their scheme and will be offering 2 supermarket vouchers via ‘Wonde’, as follows –
- a first £30 supermarket voucher by the end of the day on 23rd July
- a second £30 supermarket voucher by the end of the day on 13th August
Vouchers will be sent via an email from firstname.lastname@example.org Should you have any further queries concerning the issuing of vouchers, please refer to ‘Frequently asked question for parents PCC' below.
If you have not received your voucher by 26th July (voucher 1) or 19th August (voucher 2) please contact email@example.com including your child’s name, date of birth and school in any correspondence.
Please note that all unclaimed vouchers will be withdrawn on the 24th September. Once you have selected a supermarket, they will not be withdrawn.
Wider Support provided by PCC
PCC understands that as a result of the pandemic, there are many families that may need further support who are eligible for the Direct Food Voucher Scheme. They also know there will be families who don’t meet the necessary criteria but are in need of support. Therefore, there is a network of hubs run by the city and district councils that will be able to help you to access further support.
Details of support in your local area can be found via www.peterborough.gov.uk/wintersupport If you are unable to access the information online, you can call your local hub on 0345 045 5219. The team is available Monday – Friday 9am-5pm.